Sunday, May 8, 2011

Starting to Blog Again... May 2011

What the heck happened. I started a Blog back in 2007, did a few posts in 2007 and 2008, and then fell off the face of the earth. Well it's time to pick up where I left off.



Today is Mother's Day, 2011. I have a wonderful husband and two wonderful children. I'd like to think that so much has changed since my last blog, but really life has just gone on, we've all grown older and there has been a lot of memories sprinkled in between the gap of time that I found other things to do instead of blog.




I've convinced myself that I need a formal "bucket list", so far I've only mentally prepared the list and I'm gradually making check marks.


#1 - Somehow I had gained all the weight back that I had lost before our Mexico trip, so I decided it was time to take it all off again. Check, and I'm actually down to my pre-wedding weight from 21 plus years ago!!!!


#2 - In my weight loss efforts I had taken up running. This time not my typical treadmill running, this time I took to the streets. There were several people at work that were runners and I thought I would give it a try, I actually really like it, other than a nagging knee injury that seems to cause daily irritation I think running is my weight loss solution. I ran my first race on 2/8/2010, the Truffle Shuffle and have run a total of 6 races so far. I actually placed first in the Women Masters category in the "Bring in Spring" race. That means Old Lady....but hey....still first!!!! Check, Check, Check...#3 - I went back to school. I became a Certified Phlebotomist oregonmedicaltraining.com. I'm not currently using this skill, but would like to in the future. I'm going to give myself a .... Check.... for going back to school.


























No comments: