Sunday, July 31, 2011

Starting to run again

Monday....Cross Train
Wednesday...Cross Train & 2.5 mile run
Friday...Not sure the distance... included uphill less than a mile total run time.
Sunday...4 miles

I'm filled with emotion this week.  So happy to be back out running.  Frustrated that my knee is just as achy as when I stopped running before.  Discouraged that I was ready to die after four miles today.  Delighted that my pace hadn't really changed drastically since taking time off.

I also took back the Nike's that I had purchased earlier in the month and replaced them with Nike Free Run 2.  I like these so much better.  They fit more snug which I immediately like, they don't feel as bulky, also a plus.  I do notice that my calf muscle are very sore, but that could be for a variety of reasons, I just started running again, these shoes do not have much support, and my PT told my to try and change my running style which I'm trying.

Here's to a better running week ahead!!!!

2 comments:

XLMIC said...

Coming back from injury can be very emotional ... it'll all work out :) I'll be thinking of you!

myturtlespace said...

Thanks!!!