Sunday, July 24, 2011

Physical Therapy update

I started PT.  The first week was a hands on manipulation, massage, felt good and hurt all at the same time.  I left and had a weeks worth exercises to follow.  Which I did! Last Tuesday I went back and had a test that hooked electrodes up to my quads, hamstrings and gluts to see if they were working properly when walking and running.  Apparently I did not think this through enough, so when the Physical Therapist dude went to go hook up the wireless electrodes he says:
"Ok, I need to pull down your shorts in the back to hook the electrodes to your gluts"... Of course, I say....."Hmmm, maybe I should have spent a little more time on my underwear choice this morning"... (insert nervous laugh).  So, at this point I think they have identified my achy knee to a weak hip.  My exercise routine for the week consists of....

10X...Assisted Squats
10X...Mini band side-to-side Squats (these are killer)
10X....Body weight Squats
10X...Split Squats
10X...Walking Lunges

I'm not getting all of the exercises in every day, but I'm getting some of them in.  The Physical Therapist thought I could build hip strength within two weeks (if I was dedicated to doing the exercises).  I did run downhill today and my knee is a little achy.

Here are pictures from our hike today...



Spencer's Butte

No comments: