Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Am I a runner...




I went to Slocum Center - Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. This is where I thought I would find the answers to my knee problem. This was actually my second appointment. My first was back in January, when I had my MRI that showed basically no problem with my knee. At my June 30th appointment the Dr. pretty much just referred me on to a Physical Therapist. He also recommended that I cut back on my running and also not run the Butte to Butte that was held on the 4th of July. I went ahead and scheduled two physical therapy appointments, I have not run, and did not run the race.


I have to admit, it was a little emotional for me not to run the Butte to Butte. I don't even know why for sure, but just the thought of others signing up for it, or talking about it, made me upset. After the initial disappointment, I did better. On the 4th of July I watched the clock and thought.... the race is starting now, and I think I'd be this far by now.... etc. I looked up race times later in the day to see where I thought I would have placed compared to last year and to other women my age. How weird is that? I'm willing to give the physical therapy a try, as I sit here typing tonight my knee is aching, so I guess I'm willing to give anything a try.


As a side note....I bought these new NIKE LunarSwift 2 shoes pictured above, does anyone have these? Like these? I've only really ran in them once but didn't really care for them. I guess I need to give them more of a chance before I say "No Way". I do think they are cute, just not sure they are a great running shoe.

The 4th of July holiday itself was wonderful! We went to a local parade in the morning with some friends, then to a BBQ. Came home for a nap followed by a grand display of fireworks that evening.

No comments: