Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gnoming.....

So a co-worker mentioned that he had purchased a gnome, Uh....mistake number one. So one Friday night, my hubby, teenage son and his girlfriend decided to go Gnoming. Amazing how many websites describe the fine art of gnoming. Funny! If you are not familiar...here are the simple steps....

How to Go Gnoming
1
Select a friend or neighbor who happily decorates the yard with garden gnomes, but whatever you do, do not let them in on the fact they you are plotting against their gnome.

2
Gather a group of friends to go gnoming with you, as gnome-napping and gnoming adventures are much more fun with friends.

3
Sneak up on the gnome during the late night hours when his owners are sleeping and remove him from his happy resting place.

4
Live the fast life with the gnome for a day, taking him everywhere with you and taking Polaroids to prove it. You might take the gnome shopping, to a friend's barbeque or to the beach. Consider dressing up the gnome when it is suitable and remember to snap, snap, snap as many photos as you can.

5
Make sure that you do not keep the gnome too long. Usually about 24 hours is about right, as the owners start to get worried about they little friend. Go back to the house at night when everyone is asleep and leave the exhausted gnome at the front door with the photos.

Read more: How to Go Gnoming eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4392175_go-gnoming.html

We did things a little different, instead of Polaroids, we posted right to facebook, and since my co-worker and his wife are my FB friends, I had a text within 30 seconds after posting the first picture reading...."Oh...You're good" Ha Ha...Yes, I am! My co-worker and his wife were good sports. My son and his girlfriend had a great time driving around and coming up with fun picture ideas. We had a great night. So much fun just being silly.



Happy GNOMING!!!

3 comments:

Michael said...

This is awesome! I don't know of anyone with a gnome, but if I find someone I am totally doing this!!

Kruns2 said...

That's hilarious! I'm gonna be hunting for a gnome now!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I look forward to getting to know you better. Good luck with the running!

Johann said...

I love this. I happen to know a gnome who watches me run by every morning...