Thursday, June 16, 2011

Working up the mileage.....

As the 4th of July weekend approaches....so does the the 10K Butte to Butte road race. I've taken several months off from running because of my knee and I wasn't sure that I could even be ready in time to run the race. Now... I think I can! I ran a 5K a week ago yesterday to kick off my training and since then I have ran another 3, 4.25 and tonight was 5 miles. On the nights that I didn't run, I've gone to do cross training. My body is tired and my knee is starting to feel like it is headed right back to the point of failure. I plan on taking tomorrow off completely and maybe try a full 6.2 on Saturday just as a confidence builder. The actual Butte to Butte has... well like it sounds.... BUTTES , or at least one KILLER HILL in the race. So my 6.2 on flat ground is not quite the same as what the actual Butte to Butte will be. Last year when I ran it, I had really bad stomach cramping. I've actually had stomach cramping several times during running, I'm not sure what is from, but I hope to have a better race this year.

No comments: