Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tomorrow.... the Half


13 hours until my first Half Marathon! 

I have always worked myself up about unknown events ever since I was a little kid.  If we were going to go on a field trip, I would get so excited or nervous that I was usually sick on the day of the trip.  I even missed some of the trips because of it.  Even now when we get ready to go on vacation I freak myself out about a plane ride.  I do better if something just happens and I don't have a lot of time to think about it. 

So, the goals for the race. My friend at work suggested that I come up with three obtainable goals.  So I anylyzed the goals that I had and tweaked them slightly.

#1 ... Finish the 13.1 Miles
#2.... Run the entire way (if that is not possible, walk as little as possible, but I'd really like to run the entire race, not like it matters, but we set goals for a reason right?)
#3 ... Finish in under two hours ( or as close to two hours as possible, especially if I allow myself to walk)
#4 ... Yep, I'm adding an extra one.  Be happy that I'm doing my first ever Half Marathon regardless of what happens.

I'll post tomorrow about how it goes.

No comments: