Saturday, April 14, 2012

11 Miles.....

So the 11 miles went well.  I started out with my running buddy for the first 3 miles so we ran at a little slower pace which was a good warm up, then I took off by myself and picked up the pace a little for the remaining 8 miles.  My friend ran her total of 6 miles, went home and got on her bike and caught up to me and rode next to me keeping me motivated for the last part of my run.  All in all I feel like on race day, which now is two weeks away, I should be able to finish the half in under two hours.

The things I'm still unsure about are food and water.  I ate a heaping spoonful a peanut butter before I left the house.  Figured some protein would be good.  As for water, I felt like after my 11 miles, I needed water, but wouldn't have wanted to have stopped during the race (had I been racing) to get some, nor do I really want to carry a water bottle.  So I'm thinking during a half marathon, is it really necessary?   This will be my FIRST EVER half marathon.  I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm nervous, I know it's crazy to have so many emotions, because of all of these emotions I almost didn't even do the race.  Silly!

Suzy & Tammy - OTC #2

No comments: