Ever ask the Rhetorical question....How is your day???
I went to Costco today and asked the gas attendant... He said fine, took my card and went to fill up the car. After a few minutes he came back, stood by the side of my car and said "Actually, I'm NOT fine, I'm having a bad day, I feel like I'm a spiritual alien". Huh....what do you say to that? I felt bad for him that he was having a bad day and all...but he kind of threw me off with the spiritual alien part. Really....I'm having enough of my own issues right now! I was really only asking because that is what people do.
Why do people ask....if you don't want to hear that someone feels like a spiritual alien????

1 comment:
We had a discussion about this a while back. Most people say they just do it because it is good manners. Most agree they do want to know if someone is ok, but don’t want detail of anyone they don’t really know. We kind of ask the question always expecting to hear, “good thanks and you?”
Post a Comment