I've been trying to google new recipes for family dinners, tonight I ran across these appetizer ideas that looked kind of yummy so I thought maybe I might give them a try. I found them @ Favorite 10-Minute Recipes for Summer.
Classic Clam Dip
Once you make this easy clam dip you will never purchase a pre-packaged one again. It is simple and easy to prepare and tastes just marvelous. It can be made up to 48 hours in advance, or whipped up and served immediately.
Ingredients:
6 1/2 ounces minced clams
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 minced garlic cloves
Dash cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation:
Drain the clams, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice. Beat the juice with the cream cheese, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Fold in the clams, parsley, garlic, cayenne, and pepper. Serve immediately or chill.
Makes about 2 cups of dip.
Preparation time: 5 minutes"
Light Cucumber Canapés
We are always looking for tasty low fat appetizers that look great and taste even better. This is one of our more popular and savory staples that everyone really enjoys. The Parmesan mixture also makes a great topping for crackers or tomatoes. The Parmesan mixture can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Ingredients:
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
3 tablespoons grated low fat Parmesan cheese or Asiago cheese
1 thickly sliced English cucumber
Fresh parsley
Preparation:
Place the cottage cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Drop about two teaspoons of the mixture onto each cucumber slice and garnish with a fresh parsley sprig.
Makes 4 servings
No comments:
Post a Comment