Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day run

Run 4 the Memorial
I ran with a friend this morning in a Memorial Day run.  It was a 4 Mile run and we took it nice and slow.  I wanted to try out some new shoes that I bought yesterday. the Brooks True Grit.  I'm not happy with the color but they actually felt okay during the run.  In the store they said they were a great road running shoe, but it seems like the reviews on-line say they are more of a trail shoe.  I guess I will see how my legs feel tomorrow.  My knee felt okay which is a good sign.

After the race today, they served a free breakfast!  Yummy!  There was scrambled eggs, pancakes and bacon.  There were even several beverage choices including beer.  It seemed a little early for a beer, but I had one anyways.  It would have been nice if the weather had been just a little nicer.  In fact, just as the race ended, it started to sprinkle some rain. 

It was a nice turn out of service men an women.  Thank you to all those who serve our country!

No comments: