It's been six and a half weeks since I've fallen off the ladder and broken my wrists. At first I thought my recovery was going great. I was back to work, I was building strength, and I was taking care of my own personal needs. When I went back to the doctor, he even let me decide if I wanted to go to physical therapy or continue with what I'd been doing since I was making such good progress. But the down side, the daily pain is wearing me out. Even though I'm back to what would seem a pretty normal life, I feel like I'm faking it. People ask how I'm doing and I say great, well I'm not, I hate it. I hate not exercising, I hate not feeling good and I hate being in pain. The bright side, of course, which I try really hard to keep in mind, is that the injury could have been so much worse and that every day I am getting better so I really don't have much to complain about. With that, I'm going to try and keep a positive outlook. I need to get back to convincing my mind that I'm doing great!
My daughter just turned 19. We went to the Ducks game for her birthday. We had a great time. The first five or so minutes there was a complete downpour of rain, which set the tone for a bit of a chilly game, but it did stay dry the rest of the game which was awesome!
Next week Game Day is coming, I've not gone to Game Day before. I always think it sounds like such a fun idea, but it makes for such a long day. Get there at 4:00 a.m. and then the game doesn't even start until 7:15, I might be getting too old to keep up with that type of day without a nap in the middle. Ha!
Ok, I've been watching DIY BLOG CABIN all morning, but I think its time to actually get up and get something done today!
TTFN
1 comment:
Thanks for the note on my blog! Not sure if our breaks were the same - I had a plate and 9 screws installed. I did go to physical therapy (find a trained hand therapist), which in the long run gave me the full use of my hand back. Scar tissue formation can cause so much pain and therapy will help break that up. I started running about a month after it happened, but really slow. You sound like you had a bad break (and both of them, wow!) I walked a lot in the meantime for exercise. Hope you heal fast! Renee
Post a Comment